Full Time, Permanent
£22,000 - £28,000 DoE
We are looking for a Transport Controller who will be responsible for ensuring delivery schedules for over 300 vehicles are completed on time and in full. The successful candidate will be expected to work 32 hours per week, shift patterns cover days, nights and weekends.
Our Client is a global leader in specialist bulk logistics for the chemical, petroleum, food and gas industries.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that plans received from external customers are vetted for errors and used to co-ordinate the drivers during the shift in order to ensure that their individual schedules are implemented and completed safely
- Dispatching and controlling work using planning software
- Advising customers of any delays or changes to their deliveries.
- Resolve any issues that arise during the shift and demonstrate continuous improvement against various internal and external service and efficiency KPIs
- Liaising with the Planning Supervisor and field management team, in order to ensure that resources are provided at the appropriate times and that downtime in resource is escalated and managed
- Assist the Customer Service Administrators in investigating customer complaints and delivery queries.
You will have
- Experience of working in "just in time" road-haulage environment, dealing directly with drivers.
- Confident and friendly telephone manner and able to liaise with people at all levels of our organisation.
- A team player who will support colleagues during busy periods.
- Demonstrable proficiency in IT, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office Tools Outlook and Excel.
- Have achieved a GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C or above in Maths and English.
- As this role will involve working to a rotating 12-hr shift pattern, the candidate must live within a commutable distance (no more than 45-minutes each way).
- CPC holder
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours Regulations and the Working Time Directive
In return our client is offering a competitive salary in addition to a range of benefits:
- 20 days' holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Private healthcare
- Discounted gym membership
- Life assurance
- Appropriate structured training and development
Apply Now with an up to date CV for consideration