Training Compliance & Safety Manager
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a largescale UK Defence related service delivery and transformation project with significant national, and potential international, growth prospects. The business operating model combines the provision of essential operations support services, the maintenance and operation of a diverse mix of assets and delivery of a significant, early years transformation programme, all within a highly regulated and complex stakeholder environment.
Within this role you will lead the training assurance function within the service, ensuring and assuring the compliance and safety of all training delivery benchmarked against stringent quality standards.
Since our inception in 1984 we have grown from just two employees into a highly successful organization, employing over 68,000 people at more than 400 sites across the UK, Ireland, Europe, the Channel Islands, India, Poland and South Africa. With people firmly at the forefront of our success, our growth has demanded that we recruit individuals who are able to support our need to continually evolve and become more innovative as a business.
What you will do:
- Establishes the systems and processes and then leads the training assurance function
- Monitors and assures the safety of all training activities across the organisation to ensure compliance with JSP 815 - Defence Health, Safety and Environmental Protection and JSP 375 MoD Health and Safety Handbook
- Monitors and assures Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) JSP 822 compliance across the organisation at all levels
- Leads the first party audit of training delivery provider processes and procedures
- Leads on the review of outputs from the InVal process to identify trends and areas for improvement as part of the wider quality assurance function
- Assures training in compliance with the Training Requirements Authority's (TRA's) specific requirements
- Directs and assures the specified training design and delivery provider in the provision of effective and compliant Defence training
- Represents Capita within the Defence environment on in-scope training compliance
- Maintains a strong professional awareness of Defence, regulatory and industry matters and ensures adherence to all relevant laws, policies, regulation and guidance
Your experience will include:
- A training delivery and assurance professional
- Leadership of multi-site training delivery and assurance
- The assurance of regulated, multi-disciplinary training directly and/or through suppliers, in the Defence environment
- Planning and implementation of training transformation in a live operational environment
- Achievement of objectives in a complex stakeholder environment, with multiple dependencies on functions and organisations outside of your direct control
- Recently operating the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) in the Defence environment
- Experience or awareness in operating residential training with related, formal welfare regimes
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=GL560RH&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=GL560RH&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.