The Shared Services Organisation requires a Manager to provide operational support to the Training and Knowledge management team. The manager will deputise for the senior manager on occasion in areas such as recruitment, budgets, approvals and staff escalations. The primary function of this role is the management of the Training and Knowledge Learning Administration team dealing with escalations, and managing staff to deliver excellent service in line with process requirements to ensure service level agreements are met. The role will involve engagement with stakeholders and project management. In addition, the manager will be involved in various projects to improve services via Continuous Service Improvement (CSI), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), working with our team in Hyderabad and our Learning team stakeholders.
The Training and Knowledge team comprises 50 nineteen people, 32 of whom are based in the UK (including the Team Leader role), and 18 of whom are based in USI, all as part of the Shared Services Organisation. The Shared Services Organisation is based in the UK and USI, supporting the UK and Swiss Firms comprising 20,000 Partners and staff including 24 UK Offices and 5 Swiss offices.
• Management of SLAs and service level metrics to meet customer requirements
• Oversight of training administration services offered
• Interactions with key stakeholders including learning management team and learning coordinators, HR Helpdesk, IT Services, Professional Education and Firmwide Learning
• Interactions with the Service Desks to ensure a co-ordinated approach for Training and Knowledge queries
• Providing Management support of the Training and Knowledge budget, oversight of accruals and cost recoveries
• Utilising CSI and RPA - Implementation of process improvements identified
• Management of USI relationship and reviewing ongoing work balance
• Management of changes including management of services definitions and SLA, migration of services to USI, supporting process streamlining and automation opportunities.
• Performance management of the team, including one to one’s, providing feedback, and dealing with absence management and return to work interviews.
• Play a key coaching role with all team members by providing support as appropriate.
• Work with the team to ensure that responsiveness and performance targets are met.
• Ensure resource levels meet operational requirements and ensure effective utilisation of resource
• Keep abreast of Deloitte policy and process developments and ensure knowledge management systems are updated to reflect this.
• Produce and review weekly/monthly management information for discussion with other managers in order to identify process improvement issues or learning needs.
• Contribute to on-going process improvement activities, and other projects arising.
• Deputise for management team during periods of absence.
• Liaison with other Shared Services Organisation teams as appropriate.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Milton Keynes
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
• Actively seeks to understand client business drivers.
• Is able to challenge sensitively.
• Can analyse complex data and find effective solutions.
• Takes a strategic view on advising clients.
• Has the ability to build strategic relationships with clients.
• Maintains knowledge of marketplace and can implement solutions.
• Has ability to shape management thinking.
• Encourages a culture of innovation and new ideas.
• Is able to actively promote change.
• Can realise the potential of others.
• Assumes accountability.
• Promotes mentoring and coaching.
• Can identify wider team working opportunities.
• Promotes an open and supportive culture.
• Values the ideas and opinions of others.
• Will take ownership of team decisions despite outcome.
• Can manage conflicting priorities.
• Can apply good risk management.
• Has the ability to monitor and apply department budget.
• Encourages others to improve working methods of the team.
• Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential.
• Some overseas travel required.
• Management of third-party providers/offshore teams preferable.
• Previous management experience in a training environment essential.
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
For full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 148059