Trainee Product Manager/Technical Support - Laboratory Products
This position works as part of the company’s marketing team, responsible for promotion of the product line via marketing material and advertising, website content, social media management, customer technical support and organising attendance at exhibitions.
The company are seeking applicants with a Chemistry degree (or related) and post degree experience working in a laboratory seeking a career change into a customer-focused commercial scientific role OR applicants holding a Chemistry degree (or related) with post degree experience in a marketing or customer support role. Full product and commercial training is provided.
The company are well respected in the scientific market, selling laboratory products across a range of markets in the UK, including Academic, Research, Food & Beverage and Industrial Laboratories. This role provides a great opportunity to gain experience in a commercial role, with long-term career development opportunities too!
- Aid with developing new business via managing assigned product ranges and the addition of new product lines from existing and new suppliers.
- Provide technical support to customers over the telephone when required and assist with incoming enquiries.
- Carry out visits to suppliers and attend industry exhibitions and trade shows when required.
- Manage product entry and/or product changes on to the company website.
- Provide accurate customer quotations and respond to all customer enquires in an efficient, timely and effective manner.
- Work in partnership with wider commercial team to drive sales of the laboratory products via promotions, social media, offers and new product introductions.
- Assist with the formation and implementation of targeted marketing campaigns, analyse results and success.
- Ensure records and company database is completed accurately.
Degree in Chemistry (or related area)
Post-degree experience working in a laboratory environment would be beneficial.
Any previous sales, customer support or marketing experience would be advantageous.
Excellent communication skills, listening skills
Good verbal communication skills, an excellent telephone manner, team focused and organised.
Self-motivated and enthusiasm to drive business forward.
- Laboratory Equipment
- Product Manager
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job