Your new company
Hays are currently partnered with a leading engineering firm who have an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Accountant to join their group finance department.
Reporting to the Assistant Accountant, the successful candidate will assist with the accurate and efficient processing of all financial data within the Group Finance Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Preparation of accounts;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans;
- Working with Auditors in the preparation of the subsidiary financial statements;
- Preparation of returns for Corporation Tax, VAT, CIS and other relevant taxes;
- Preparation of development cost accounts in respect of joint venture agreements;
- Deal with queries, discrepancies and other deficiencies in ledger documentation; Invoice/credit note preparation as required, and in accordance with company deadlines;
- Assisting with the review of external accounting systems to ensure they are up to date and operationally fit for purpose.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will ideally be;
- AAT qualified;
- Have excellent attention to detail;
- Organisation and time management skills in order to meet strict deadlines;
- Good working ethos, willing take on new challenges with a professional and determined manner;
- Good understanding of general accountancy programmes and IT.
What you'll get in return
Working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A competitive salary + Study Support Package (CIMA or ACCA) and generous holiday entitlement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.