Traffic Planning Administrator - Temp
Our client is a European provider of tailor-made transportation and logistics services. They specialise in delivering innovative and flexible supply chain solutions that add value to their customers businesses
We are now recruiting for a Transport Administrator for a 6 month contract, based in Dartford, hours will be from 08:00am til 17:00 or 08:30 til 17:30
To provide support for Traffic/Forwarding Planning Operations.
1. Provide administrative support in respect of monitoring the progress of vehicles both in collecting loads at the appointed time and their delivery destination.
2. Undertake 'out of hours' duties in respect of handling calls and updating drivers, loading/delivery points with relevant information to ensure we provide an effective service to customers.
1. Establish a good working rapport in support of the Export and Import Planning Operations.
2. Interact both with Export and Import Planners to understand the details of loads and the required communication with both owner drivers and subcontractors.
3. Input the required booking information into the computer system and update as necessary based on information provided regarding arrival/departure and delivery times.
4. Liaise and instruct drivers on the details of each job they undertake to ensure that all of the relevant information, including dates, times for loading/delivery, address detail and temperature requirements are understood and can be met.
5. Maintain the journey/job details on the traffic sheet so that we have a record of all activities and the information can be used by the team to assess available resource and forward plan activity.
6. Manage all ferry bookings enquiries.
7. Communicate with owner drivers/subcontractors with daily update.
8. Communicate with planners to ensure that booking times are agreed in line with our expectations.
9. Control the printing of freight contracts and drivers instructions relevant to specific arrangements and issue paperwork and/or send emails/text/fax as appropriate to owner drivers or subcontractors.
10. Responsible to inform planners if ferry bookings are not confirmed.
11. Monitor and maintain customer KPIs when applicable.
12. Support each other in the team when necessary.
Hours will be from 08:00am til 17:00 or 08:30 til 17:30
Our client is looking to pay £9 per hour
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'