telent Traffic Installation Technician, Field Based, Midlands
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to act under pressure and provide good customer satisfaction.
* Basic traffic signals knowledge, further training will be given as the role progresses.
* Full driving license.
* Basic IT skills.
* Health & Safety Awareness including Risk Assessment training.
* Manual Handling Training.
* Basic First Aid Training to Sector 8 standard.
* Operating from the Walsall service centre and reporting to the Installation Manager.
* The role will involve Traffic Signal Installation from cabling to working at heights installing signal heads.
* Must be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner keeping good time and being smart in appearance.
* Be able to work alongside colleagues and being able to work on own initiative.
* Carry out work following Company Method Statements and Risk Assessment's.
* Will report all accidents/incidents to Line Manager via telSAFE.
* Shall inform Line Manager of Health & Safety issues identified.
* Carry out installation of Traffic and associated signal equipment.
* Carry out testing of signal equipment.
* Install cables and joints.
* Wire cables at top caps and controllers to an agreed specification.
* Carry out on site risk assessments and follow method statements.
* Attend Team brief / Toolbox talks as required.
* Ensure test equipment, PPE and Vehicle are all compliant with up to date certification as required.
* Ability to work in a team and on their own.
* Positive and flexible attitude.
* Good communication skills with customers and colleagues.
* Hands on approach.
* Ability for self-learning.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.