telent Traffic Engineer, Field Based, STOKE
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Maintenance or installation role in a traffic signals environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to act under pressure and provide good customer satisfaction.
* Basic controller and traffic signal knowledge, further training will be given as the role progresses.
* Full driving license.
* Basic IT skills.
* Health & Safety Awareness including Risk Assessment training.
* Manual Handling Training.
* Basic First Aid Training to Sector 8 standard.
* Operating from the Walsall service centre and reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
* The role will involve fault rectification on a wide range of traffic signal equipment.
Working in close co-operation with customers, a high degree of customer focus is required. Self-motivation will be required as this role is a mobile field role and will also require a high degree of flexibility and self-management.
* Working alone and with colleagues to the highest standards in order to maintain signals equipment and to reduce the overall fault rates within our traffic signals maintenance contracts.
* The role will require work outside of normal hours on a call out basis, weekend and bank holiday working will be essential to this role.
* To deliver services to our customers on time and within budget
* Fault rectification / modification of all traffic signals equipment
* Periodic inspections on all customer traffic signal equipment, ensuring schedule is maintained and correct paperwork generated
* Liaising with administrative staff to ensure fault and periodic maintenance activities are recorded correctly
* Liaising with senior engineers and maintenance manager to ensure repeat fault rate is kept to a minimum
* Self-tasking and clearance of faults utilising the Fault Management system mobile application
* Take direct responsibility for the contracts you are working on liaising directly with the customer where necessary
* Ensure contract KPI's are maintained and improved
* Ensure accurate recording of extra to contract (chargeable) works
* Ensuring all paperwork (timesheets, fault records and chargeable forms) are completed accurately and on time
* Carry out call out responsibilities (currently on a 3 weekly basis), liaising with out of hours call centre to ensure repair service is maintained 24x7
* Comply with working procedures
* Responsible for carrying out individual Health and Safety risk assessments on site, plus adhering to any local H&S procedures
* Ensuring that all individual tools and test equipment are fully serviceable and calibrated.
* Ability to work in a team and on their own.
* Positive and flexible attitude.
* Good communication skills with customers and colleagues.
* Hands on approach.
* Ability for self-learning.
* Reasonable administrative skills.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.