Our Client is a successful and established global Commodity Trading company based in London. Due to an increase in workload there is a need to add to the existing Trade Finance team to support the trading business. Your role will be to perform at a highly professional level and to ensure that all financing duties are executed in a timely and effective manner and to aid with the development of the trade finance function in London.
- Handling of all trade finance issues from start to finish.
- Liaising with Risk team to monitor trade credit requirements for each transaction;
- Reviewing of physical contracts ensuring that all contracts are acceptable and that in particular, Credit and Payment clauses are correct.
- Negotiating LC format, terms and conditions with counterparties with excellent negotiation skills
- Verifying LC wording against UCP to ensure all workability issues are clear
- Liaising and coordinating with internal Trading and Operations teams to resolve LC matters
- Arranging issuance of Bank Guarantees and bid performance bonds for purchase and sales
- Negotiating Letters of Credits discounting rates, counterparty risk cover and banks confirmations charges etc. with excellent negotiation skills
- Presenting and processing all documentation under documentary letter of credit or various trade finance products to the banks, e.g. invoice discounting, DLC discounting etc.
- Maintenance of Trade Finance Tracker sheet - ensuring all relevant deals are entered and updated in a timely manner and that L/C utilization graph is updated.
- Provide treasury department with information as required enabling them to produce cash flow to forecast and assist in monthly financial analysis and other duties as reasonably required.
- Assist in other duties from time to time as reasonably required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- Successful candidates will be educated to degree level preferably in a Trade Finance, Banking, Commercial, Treasury or Mathematical subject
- Advanced analytical and organization skills. Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions and to communicate these effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to be a strong team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated attitude to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Able to work to very tight deadlines but also willing to adapt quickly to changes in direction
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- IT literate and have good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- All successful candidates must have at least 5 years’ trade finance experience at a senior level to be considered, preferably obtained with an oil major/commodity house / major bank specialising in crude oil/refined petroleum products trading.
- Extensive and detailed operational Trade finance processing experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of UCP600/ ISBP and URDG758 rules and regulations is essential.
- Experience in handling Supply Chain Finance products is an advantage.
- Letters of Credit
- Trade Finance