We’re looking for a town centre ranger to join an expanding town centre ranger team to support the day-to-day and smooth running of the town centre and the town centre markets, working with the Kingston First team, our partners and businesses. We’re looking for a positive, proactive individual who is confident working with a wide range of people and keen to make a practical difference to Kingston town centre.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Streetscape, Market, Events and Other Street Activities Support
- Deliver immediate improvements to the town centre environment through daily patrols, which include cleansing duties such as street washing and graffiti and fly post removal.
- Respond to a range of duties across the town centre including cleaning, general repairs, painting, town centre cleanliness and turf/weeds, pick up and dispose of rubbish found on paving/alleyways/riverside and other town town centre areas.
- Regular inspections of street furniture, installations, cycle racks, paving, drainage, street lighting and report any defects to the relevant authority / person.
- Work and respond to our town centre members, and other organisations, providing good customer service on requests and jobs.
- Monitor street cleansing services to ensure contractors achieve expected standards.
- Work with the Markets Manager to ensure the smooth running of Kingston’s market’s programme
- Ensure all market traders comply with the code of practice and trading standards.
- Collect rent and issue receipts, following the Company’s financial procedures.
- Act as an ambassador for the town centre in assisting and advising businesses and the public.
General Duties, Administration and Reporting
- Use security radios and appropriate tools/equipment.
- Maintain the Company inventory.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the post with due regard to all of the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the level and nature of the post.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office package.
- Good administrative skills.
- Positive outlook, friendly and open.
- Ability to use own initiative when dealing with any confrontational situations and to successfully resolve the situation in a confident and professional manner.
- 'Hands-on’ and practical approach.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, updates and notes relating to the day to day operational activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of providing a good quality customer service.
- Knowledge of Kingston town centre will be an advantage.
- Local authority, town centre or street care experience will be an advantage.
- Full and clean driving license.
Core hours for the post are 8am to 5.30pm. Occasional evening working is required to support company events, activities or meetings.
This role requires postholder’s to wear a company uniform and work outdoors in all weather.
Candidates must be physically fit due to street patrolling and occasional manual handling needed in the post. We also require team members to undertake all necessary training associated with this role which will be provided by the company.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application by Wednesday, 31st January 2018 by sending your CV and a covering letter (up to 2 A4 sides).
Please note - only successful candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job