An exciting opportunity has become available for a Temporary Category Controller to join our Category Management team to cover maternity leave. Your main focus of responsibility will be the analysis of performance of item and module level performance, leading to recommendations for and execution of retailer plan builds.
This is very much a customer liaising role, along with regular, close communication with a wide range of internal departments.
The role involves a wide range of activities and responsibilities, the key elements being:
- Analysis and interpretation of item level performance to make recommendations for displays to the customer.
- Project management of the display builds.
- Strict adherence to critical date paths.
- Working closely with the Private Label Product Development briefing in new designs therefore a creative eye is essential
- Working closely with the Private Label Product Development, Product Marketing, Business Information teams & third party suppliers in order to make recommendations to ensure the account receives the most appropriate product ranges.
- Regular communication with the National Account Sales Manager, CDS, Customer Operations and Brokered Admin on the needs of the account.
- Regular plan maintenance activity through identification of swap and redistribution requirements.
- Collation of samples and product information for display set up.
- Competitive and product trend analysis.
For this exciting and challenging role we are seeking a highly motivated individual with keen analytical and communication skills, attention to detail and advanced Excel skills. You must possess the ability to work under pressure, with a flexible approach and adapt to changing priorities in order to meet strict deadlines and performance standards in a demanding environment.