Temporary Accommodation Officer
Temporary Accommodation Officer
We have a rewarding opportunity for a Temporary Accommodation Officer to join our team in Shaftesbury.
This is a full time permanent role working with customers in our temporary homeless accommodation.
The starting salary will be £27,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
Our Temporary Accommodation Officers provide an enhanced, proactive housing management service for customers in our temporary homeless accommodation.
As a Temporary Accommodation Officer you will offer support and guidance to help our customers find and sustain a new home. This may include debt and benefit advice, resolving tenancy issues, advice on access to employment, training or volunteer services or specialist support services if needed.
What we're looking for
- Experience of working in a similar role. This could be a lettings management, tenancy management, income, housing or support background
- Strong communication, empathy, and a genuine drive to help the community.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- You'll be resilient, able to work alone and collaborate as part of a team
- The ability to prioritise and manage your own workload effectively
You'll be required to visit other schemes in the area, so a full UK driver's license and your own transport is essential.
What we can offer you
As a member of the Specialist Housing Team you will be part of a friendly, dedicated and supportive working environment.
We invest in our people, and you will be able to develop your skills and be part of something that makes a real difference to people's lives. This role can give you the opportunity for a career within a successful and diverse organisation.
Some of our benefits include:
- £450 yearly flexible benefit pot to use against benefits of your choice
- Flexible working
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- A chance to buy or sell holiday as part of our flexible benefits package
- A generous pension scheme matching up to 12%
- Life cover as soon as you join us
- You will be a part of our Recognition scheme where you can be gifted retail vouchers
- A range of wellbeing discounts including Gym Memberships
- A wide selection of other benefits available
We are thrilled to have joined forces with Network Homes in October 2023, which now places us as the 6th largest housing association in the UK. Sovereign and Network Homes have come together as SNG – an organisation that takes the best of both and makes it even better
At Sovereign Network Group, we are passionate about inclusion for all and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. We encourage applications from all. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'