Technician Demonstrator in Carpentry
Technician Demonstrator in Carpentry West Suffolk College Bury St Edmunds Permanent £23,445, 37hours per week 52 weeks of the year.
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Technician Demonstrator in Carpentry to join our expanding team here at West Suffolk College. This opportunity not only offers a very competitive salary range but also an attractive benefits packages which is inclusive of a lucrative pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, free training and also numerous money saving options with local organisations.
Working for one of the top 5% of colleges in the UK you will support the Building Services team in driving forward on our journey to Ofsted Outstanding.
- Order, co-ordinate and organise the resources centred within the Schoolâ€™s workshop/studio areas, as well as in classrooms. Ensure all tools and equipment are safely stored and all areas are tidy throughout and at the end of each day.
- Give technical support to staff during lecturing time throughout the School.
- Organise displays and demonstrations as required
- Developing the vocational and practical skills of learners in a group or individual setting.
- Attending open events, exhibitions, consultations and progression events as needed.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- Possession of, or the ability to achieve within the first year of appointment, the Assessor Award A1 (D32/33), PTTLS or equivalent qualification
- A recognised H&S qualification or willingness to complete one.
- Experience of carpentry.
- This role will require the successful applicant to have the ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, especially children, young people and vulnerable adults.
For more information please contact
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy, please ensure that your CV is up to date and all relevant information to this job role is clearly visible. If you have not heard from myself or one of my colleagues within 14 days of your application please assume your application has not been successful.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 the College operates a policy of equality and diversity which protects employees, students, and people who access the Colleges goods, services and facilities, from discrimination on the basis of protected characteristics, which include: age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race (colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins.); religion or belief; sex; and sexual orientation.
The College collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the EqualOpportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please inform a member of HR.
Closing date: 20th July 2018
Interview date: 24th July 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'