A fantastic opportunity for an Technical Service Engineer within an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the automotive and test industry.
Key roles and responsibilities
The main function of this position is to provide in-house and on-site customer support as well as undertaking commissioning and testing for the companies software and electronic test and assembly solutions installed on our customers sites.
The support team provide customer support of our end-of-line test systems and this includes
- Shop floor PC hardware and operating systems including our Sextans test application
- Test hardware including mechanical and electrical systems
- Server Systems running our Orion™ web based reporting system and system configuration tools
Most systems are Windows based, requiring housekeeping, documentation and record keeping with regular customer liaison. The position requires a significant input into the definition and maintenance of systems documentation for installed facilities.
The position requires participation in a 7×24 on-call schedule to provide support to our customer base, this would involve initial contact, remote access and problem solving as well as site visits.
We are looking for a permanent position and a competitive salary and pension will be offered based on experience.
Qualification and education
- Degree or HND / HNC in a relevant discipline
- Time served will also be taken into consideration
2 4 years relevant experience in one or more of:
- Electronics / PLC control systems
- PC hardware, software including networking and cabling
- Vehicle Electrical Systems
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Service / Support provision
- Basic understanding of programming
- Technologies: Understanding of the following:
- Windows 7 / 10 PC and Servers
- Industrial Electronics
- Automotive Wiring and Systems
- Attention to detail and passionate about your work
- A healthy interest in the automotive industry or industrial electronics
- Good personal presentation and communication
- Willing to work at the client site and the occasional need to travel away
- Full Driving licence and own car
To apply please call Rod Vaughan on or apply online.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job