Technical Manager – Food Production
We are looking for a Technical Manager for food production to work for an award winning company based in North Wales. As the Technical Manager you will be a key member of the site management team and take primary responsibility for driving forward quality and technical performance. You will also contribute to the overall management of the business and drive for continuous operational improvement.
The successful Technical Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining quality systems, product specifications and processing procedures.
- Maintaining internal auditing regimes
- Ensure that products produced meet all quality criteria, i.e. Specification, labeling, visual presentation, weight, and food safety. This will include creating technical information for labels, ie nutritional, allergens, ingredients list.
- Ensure that the quality systems operate efficiently in order to satisfy customers and Provide due diligence.
- Work in conjunction with the General Manager to formulate policies regarding quality, technical and health and safety.
- Ensure good standards of housekeeping and hygiene are continuously maintained.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities as required.
- Liaise with customer and supplier technical representative.
- Review and maintain the site HACCP program as the HACCP team leader.
- Track trends on quality performance, customer complaints, defects, non-conformances and take appropriate corrective actions. Investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- Implement all specifications for raw materials and final product. Monitor incoming raw materials for conformance to specification.
- Manage site health and safety systems.
- Contribute to NPD projects as appropriate. Liaise with Sales & Marketing to assist with NPD (making samples/technical support)
If you are a Technical Manager in the food industry and interested in working with an award winning company and want to help drive the company forward then get in touch with Kate Humphreys at S2 Recruitment who specialise in IT and Executive Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job