Our Vision is to be Europe’s most loved travel experience. In the world of train travel, Eurostar has been at the leading edge of innovation from day one, back in 1994. Throughout our journey, travellers have been at the centre of everything we do and we've been pioneers in more ways than one. Since we started, we've carried over 140 million passengers. We take thousands of people a day to Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland® Paris and more, and we also run much-loved seasonal trains to the South of France in summer and the French and Swiss Alps for skiing in the winter. As for the future, we're reaching out to new destinations all the time, setting our sights further and bringing more and more European cities closer together.
Whatever role you are fulfilling, if you are working for Eurostar, you’ll need to demonstrate our core vales - Connected Building lasting bonds with customers by going further. Working as one team across borders. Ambitious Striving every day to be better at what we do. Embracing change and exceeding expectations. Caring Insisting on delivering the highest standards for our customers. Treading lightly as we go. In addition, here are some of the operational and technical requirements for the role:
As a full stack Technical Lead you will work actively in shaping our digital products by working closely with the design team delivering rich, responsive transactional applications across multiple devices and building highly transactional microservices to support our architecture. Building a beautiful and effective UX supported by performant APIs will be key to the success of the company’s service and your team would have a pivotal role in making this a reality.
We’re looking for someone to…
- Deliver high quality, responsive pages for Eurostar.com, integrating where required with APIs and functional backend components
- Create highly transactional and scalable microservices to support our applications
- Develop the web front end of applications and write automated test code
- Refactor the core transactional pages of Eurostar.com as required
- Engage with all relevant team members to ensure the required quality is delivered from the BDD processes, meaning the acceptance criteria being developed against are also those being automated in the functional test packs
- Actively engage in and contribute to user story workshops, design clinics and other requirements elaboration/refinement sessions as part of a Scrum/Kanban development team
- Contribute to, and assist Solutions Architect with, technical solution design and architectural roadmap
- Ensure development team is developing solutions in accordance with Solutions Architect’s vision
- Mentor junior developers
A bit about you
We’re looking for someone who…
- Has experience with React.js & associated application architectures and libraries (e.g.Hapi, Express)
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, microservices architecture
- Node.js / npm, and associated build tools (Yarn, Webpack, Babel, etc.)
- REST API design
- Principles and practices of SSR/Isomorphic apps
- HTML5 / CSS3 / SASS/BEM
- An understanding of the principles of design, UI, and user experience.
- Has experience delivering cross-browser responsive websites/apps
- Has experience with Scrum and/or Kanban, user stories and iterative development
- Unit testing / Integration testing / BDD / TDD
- Can write high quality secure code
- Use of SCM systems such as git and Github
- Cloud hosting experience on AWS, Heroku and Knowledge of CI principles
- Experience of working on high traffic ecommerce websites
- Experience of mobile app development for IOS and android, particularly React Native.
- Active contributor to open source projects
- Experience of CI tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins
- Travel benefits for work and play.
- A great pension.
- Exclusive discounts and perks.
If you think you are a great match for role and the skills we are looking for, please get in touch we would love to hear from you!
Whatever role you are fulfilling, if you are working for Eurostar, you’ll need to demonstrate our core values - Connected Building lasting bonds with customers by going further. Working as one team across borders. Ambitious Striving every day to be better at what we do. Embracing change and exceeding expectations. Caring Insisting on delivering the highest standards for our customers. Treading lightly as we go.
Eurostar is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
- Technical Requirements