The Financial Control team is dedicated to dealing with the day to day financial, tax and banking activities as well as reconciliation activities derived as part of the administration process. This role is to drive forward this department using the people management experience and technical knowledge to ensure that all scheduled and ad-hoc activities are met for both regulatory commitments and client satisfaction, including internal projects reliance on financial expertise.
Our client base encompasses a diverse range of over 250 schemes that includes active, paid-up and closed schemes, contracted-out arrangements, contracted-in arrangements, traditional final salary schemes, career average (CARE) schemes and an assortment of hybrid arrangements; some of which are highly complex.
Our experience to date and low scheme attrition rate indicates that our customers are very happy with the services we provide. However, in order to continue to exceed expectations we strive for continuous improvement so that we can respond to and even anticipate our customers’ changing needs.
This is a key role within Life & Pensions and provides a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a strong background in financial administration. The Financial Technical Lead will play a pivotal role in shaping and defining the structure of their team as it enters a period of growth and change. They will be responsible for ensuring all activities are delivered timely, accurately and in line with client, budget, quality, risk, regulatory and service expectation. The role also involves leading, motivating and developing the team to ensure continuous improvement to support the evolution of the broader Life & Pensions proposition.
Equiniti helps some of the UK’s best-known brands and public sector organisations manage complex and regulated administration covering pensions, payroll and payments.
Our activities are often mission-critical to our clients but not core to their organisations. By taking care of these services, we free them to focus on what matters most. Our solutions are delivered at scale, supporting eight million pension scheme members and paying three million people over £21bn a year. Paymaster works with some of the largest pension schemes in the UK, including the National Health Service scheme with more than 2.6 million members and the Armed Forces Veterans, which we have continuously served since 1836.
We provide technology enabled pension administration and flexible benefits designed to provide an interactive experience through the life employees and scheme members. Our outsourced solutions help the life and pensions industry deliver high quality customer service and stay one-step ahead of evolving legislation and our expertise allows scheme trustees and sponsors to de-risk through data and calculation management.
Core duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring and reconciling daily contributions made by employers
- Completing monthly tax pay overs in line with regulatory requirements and deadlines
- Collaborating with payroll department to correct RTI/Tax rejection’s
- Undertaking ad-hoc financial tasks across Life & Pensions
- Driving continuous improvement across different processes and procedures
- Leading and motivating team members to ensure key deadlines and SLA’s are met
- Working with the team managers/leads to manage workload daily ensuring that all staff are fully utilised and resource concerns are escalated
- Ensuring the team have good awareness of Equiniti Compliance and Risk policies
Skills, Attributes and Behaviour:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Financial qualification or experience working in a financial background.
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain focused on delivering an excellent service when the team are in key peak activity
- Strong organisational skills to be able to manage own and teams priorities effectively as required
- Be a strong but positive communicator as the role involves engagement with stakeholders both around the business and external clients
- Evidence of change management and efficiency improvements
- Ability to engage and motivate team members to achieve the best individual and group performance
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent skills in MS office skills, particularly excel
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'