Position: Team Leader Colleague
Location: Gatwick Airport
Contract Type: Permanent - 40 Hours (Full Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 20th February 2018
DHL Supply Chain have an exciting new business win with easyJet at Gatwick Airport. This is the first transformational contract in Ground Handling Services for DHL but DHL is no stranger to Airline operation. As such, we have fantastic opportunities for individuals who wish to be part of a fast-paced, innovative operation where successful candidates will have potential to help grow and evolve the business.
To Lead the Ramp team by driving, coordinating and motivating them during the day to day operation. You will ensure that our ground handling is delivered safely, on time and consistently in line with service level standards set for both on time and station performance.
Main Accountabilities include:
- To consistently deliver the highest customer service at all times
- Actively lead, motivate and support, providing guidance and encouragement to your colleagues
- To demonstrate full understanding of the AAA process
- To ensure the safe and correct allocation of all equipment and personnel on the ramp
- Operating specialist equipment
- Ensure compliance in both airline and airport policies
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Well organised and able to work on your own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Have a calm, friendly and professional manor
- Excellent organisation skills and methodology
- Ability to quickly and accurately react and assess any given situation and instigate corrective action
- Headset Trained (would be an advantage)
- Thorough knowledge of ground handling operations, our customer, safety practices and legislation
- The ability to coach, develop and lead a team
- Work well within a team
Security Process to work with DHL at Gatwick:
- You must be able to provide 5 years address history
- You must be able to provide 5 years reference history (employment/education/benefit claim/character)
- Hold a valid ID (British or EU Passport, British Driving Licence, Non-EU Passport & Visa)
- No criminal convictions, a Criminal Record Check will be required
What will you get in return? As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; up to 25 days holiday, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible shift working, training, development and secondment opportunities and MANY MORE. What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online using the following link:
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard. The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.