We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspiring and ambitious qualified teacher. The role holder will need to be an outstanding teacher, with a passion and commitment to our core values of high expectations, no excuses, always learning and positivity.
The successful candidate will have experience of the SEN sector and have a commitment to professional growth and personal development. Are you an outstanding practitioner who is passionate about teaching and learning, can you make a real difference to the learning potential of all children?
We are committed to offering excellent professional opportunities and learning opportunities for our staff, through careful support and personalised CPD.
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
ACORN PARK SCHOOL
JOB DESCRIPTION: SEN Key Stage 2/3 Class Teacher - With Added responsability
Reports To: Head of School
Review and Amendment: This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to modification and amendment following consultation between the Head of School and the post holder.
Purpose of Job:
- To secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils in consultation with the Head of School
- To teach a range of subjects as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum.
- In consultation with the Head of School undertake other identified areas of responsibility as necessary to ensure effective delivery of the school’s curriculum.
Knowledge and Understanding
Have knowledge and understanding of:
- The school’s vision, aims, priorities, targets, curriculum policies and action plans;
- Any statutory curriculum requirements and the requirements for assessment, recording and reporting of pupils attainment and progress;
- The characteristics of high quality teaching and the main strategies for improving and sustaining high standards of teaching, learning and achievement for all pupils;
- Management, including employment law, equal opportunities legislation, personnel, external relations, finance and change;
- The implications of the code of practice of special educational needs for teaching and learning.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- To play a key role in the development of SEN provision within Acorn Park School
- To work with schools, parents, key agencies and the young people with SEN to ensure effective and successful inclusion of pupils including those with a diagnosis of ASD within Acorn Park School
- To support the development of learning styles and appropriate teaching approaches, behaviour management, classroom strategies, resources and whole school policies for children with complex needs and diagnoses within LPS.
- To initiate and model autism specific teaching strategies for Teachers/Teaching Assistants in conjunction with Longdon Park School’s therapy team, relating to individual pupils within the classroom and whole school.
- To enable access to learning and social opportunities for pupils with SEN through the delivery of teaching, support, families and the young person.
- To work with Key partners in Acorn Park School’s therapy service (Speech and Language Service, Psychotherapy and Educational Psychology) in order to de
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job