Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Tax & VAT Controller in Colchester. Our client is a FTSE 100 business with a global presence. The Tax & VAT Controller will take responsibility for all European Tax & VAT compliance including managing enquiries and audits, as well as managing various tax projects such as acquisitions and disposals, and corporate restructuring.
- Oversee all Tax & VAT compliance in line with any recent updates or changes providing training or guidance where necessary across the business and Global Support as required
- Take an active role in key Global Support projects, initiatives, acquisitions or disposals that impact Tax & VAT
- Own the timely submission and agreement of UK & European Corporation Tax returns ensuring our tax affairs are wholly compliant
- Own key deliverables for Group and individual Statutory Accounts tax reporting
- Support colleagues by providing tax advice to businesses in relation to any questions they have arising from day to day trading or business projects covering Corporation tax, VAT and other taxes
- Continually look for improvements in the way the SSC Tax function operates
- Detailed risk analysis and reporting to facilitate the Senior Accounting Officer declaration
- Communicate and ensure your department complies with its overall delivery and quality performance metrics including our Group Tax strategy
- Analysis of reported performance metrics against requirements of the business
- Work closely with and support peers, particularly the Compliance Controller within the department
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key Business Partners and Group Finance to build broader strategic planning
The successful applicant will hold a recognised tax or accountancy qualification and have an in depth knowledge of tax and compliance processes. Previous experience in a similar role and of SAP would be an advantage.