Tax Compliance Assistant Manager
Greater London/Surrey Border
£50,000-£60,000 + a range of generous benefits
We are recruiting for a Tax Compliance Assistant Manager to work within our client’s flagship office. This is a corporate tax focussed Assistant Manager role, involving direct reporting to the Tax Partners and will entail a mixture of corporate tax compliance and advisory work. The role also involves dealing with ad-hoc tax queries from General Practice partners.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region of our client’s regional offices we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals, assisting the team in achieving the strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
Our client is a top 20 accountancy firm, specialising in the owner managed business domain across the UK. A well-established firm established in the early 90’s, our client has an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel and are continually looking to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Tax Compliance Assistant Managerduties will include:
- Reviewing corporation tax computations and statutory accounts tax disclosures
- Review and preparation of corporation tax computations and returns
- Submission of corporate tax returns
- Managing the monthly corporate tax compliance process to ensure that returns are filed on a timely basis and clients are advised of tax payments
- Following established procedures for workflows and updating these when necessary
- Dealing with tax enquiries
- Conducting technical research
- Liaising with Partners
- Dealing with ad-hoc tax queries from Partners
- 1 - 3 years’ post qualification tax experience
- Experience in a small or mid-tier accountancy practice with exposure to owner managed businesses
- Experience of management of corporate tax compliance processes
- Broad and general tax knowledge of all aspects of direct taxes
- ATT, CTA, ACA or ACCA with tax experience
- CPD Compliant
The Tax Compliance Assistant Manager will have the below skills:
- Excellent time management, planning, project management and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good technical research and writing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent tax technical knowledge
- Team player
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Methodical and procedural- minded
If you are keen to secure a Tax Compliance Assistant Manager role within a unique top 20 accountancy firm, offering a great start to your career, please apply today to find out more.
In return you will be offered: -
The Tax Compliance Assistant Manager role is offering a competitive salary, study support if needed, a great career path to progress within the firm and great benefits package.