Systems Test Engineer
Our client based on the outskirts of Basingstoke is looking to recruit a Systems Test Engineer for their R&D department. This role would suit an individual capable of building electro-mechanical devices and liaising with Design Engineers if the product requires alterations. The role will also require the ability to fault find circuits and assemblies to component level. The successful individual for this role will have a real passion for electronics and engineering and is likely to be somebody that tinkers at home. Alternatively you may be a graduate with strong electronic skills and a desire to get into a role which is both interesting and technical.Â
You will be working as part of a small project team of typically 5 Engineers and work on systems that contain a mixture of all of the following:-
- Small electro-mechanical devices
- Embedded systems
- High resolution analogue to digital converters
- Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
You will require good communication skills and the role is likely to require the operation of light machinery and driving company vehicles.
- Test and calibrate bespoke systems
- Carry out route cause analysis of system level failures
- Create detailed engineering diagrams and technical documentation
- International travel to remote environments
- Assist the R&D team in new product testing
- Accurately enter data into the ERP system
- Work at all times in a safe manner in compliance with the company health and safety policies.
- Experience of working in a commercial product manufacturing environment not purely research or project based
- Route cause analysis at a system level
- Experience of modern manufacturing techniques
- Fault finding circuits and assemblies to component level
- Computer skills to include a good understanding of both Windows and Linux operating systems, email and Office. Training in the company ERP systems will be provided
- Working with analogue and digital electronics as well as small mechanical devices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create technical documentation
The salary is negotiable due to our clients desire to find the right individual for this role.
- Embedded Systems
- Test Engineer
- Component level
- Systems Test
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"