Sustainability Intern - Re-Thinking
Are you a self-starter, enthusiastic and looking for an entry level role where you are able to make a difference? Willmott Dixon is looking for an Intern to join our Re-Thinking team for a year starting in the autumn of 2018.
Re-Thinking is an award winning team that drives change to ensure Willmott Dixon remains a leader in sustainable development. We deliver viable solutions to address the risks and opportunities of a low carbon and sustainable built environment within the Willmott Dixon family of companies.
Our overriding aim is to identify, develop and implement sustainable solutions that enable our family of companies to:
- Demonstrate sustainable development leadership in the market sectors in which we operate
- Establish a competitive advantage
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty
The role is based at our Head Office in Letchworth and supports businesses across England and Wales which make up the Willmott Dixon group. Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all sectors of the community. This role will provide sustainability support across Willmott Dixon in line with corporate objectives, for a period of twelve months. In particular a large proportion of the role will focus on carbon emissions reduction, waste and the wider resource efficiency.
The role will also require the successful candidate to be able to demonstrate strong capability to carry out research, as well as manage and present data. You will also be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for and interest in the issue of sustainability and its applicability to the construction sector.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Collating and analysing carbon emissions, waste and water data to ensure compliance with Carbon Trust requirements and the achievement of benchmarks.
- Supporting the Willmott Dixon family of companies in developing and enhancing its sustainability performance management systems.
- Supporting Willmott Dixon in understanding and mitigating the environmental impacts arising from the procurement of good works and services.
- Using data and carrying out research to identify and support the business case for new sustainability initiatives and policies.
- Helping identify best practice and areas for improvement. Supporting the development of case-studies and other mechanisms to support learning and knowledge-sharing to enable the integration of sustainability approaches into day to day operation.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring realistic expectations are created and met.
- Supporting the Re-Thinking team and wider business in identifying opportunities to innovate.
- Providing support to the Re-Thinking Management Team and carrying out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
The successful candidate will be numerate, organised and comfortable managing and analysing large amounts of data.
You will be able to manage your time effectively and work on multiple projects.
You will be a self-starter able to demonstrate initiative, tenacity and self-motivation and be comfortable working with a high degree of accuracy and quality.
You should be able to think laterally and enjoy problem solving. It is also essential that you have good written and oral communication skills and be able to work effectively in a team.
- Minimum relevant degree level qualification .
- Degree in an environmental, science, construction or related subject; understanding of sustainability issues.
- Valid driving licence
Remuneration and Benefits We offer a competitive salary for the duration of employment The contract start and finish dates are flexible and will be based on the successful candidate's availability and commitments. However you will need to be able to commit to 12 months employment. There is potential (but no guarantee) for the contract to be extended beyond this time if this is advantageous to both the individual and Willmott Dixon Re-Thinking. We aim to acknowledge every application. All online applications will receive an automated email to confirm receipt. Interviews may be held before the closing date so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. No agencies please.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'