My client is currently on the lookout for positive, talented and passionate people to join their team!
Discover fantastic opportunities for Support Workers and enjoy a rewarding career
We are looking for experienced carers and those new to the role
Days and nights available
Location - Nr Launceston, Cornwall, South West
Ideally working full time (7 shifts a fortnight), we will also consider part time shifts
New rates of pay (up to £8.95 per hour for the right candidate), pension, full and part time, comprehensive training and career opportunities
We are looking for people who:
- Believe in being respectful, courteous and compassionate
- Have excellent communication skills
- Preferably have experience working with learning disabilities, but it’s not essential
- Ideally you will hold an NVQ2 or 3 in care. If you do not have a formal qualification, but do have some experience within the adult social care setting, we will be prepared to support you to develop your career. Alternatively, if you would like to move into a career in care, we will consider you if you have no experience as full training and support can be given.
What will I be doing?
As a support worker you will play a huge and rewarding role in supporting individuals with a learning disability to live their lives as independently as possible. This is a hands-on role, where no 2 days are the same, whether taking clients shopping, going for a walk in the village, or having a movie or crafts afternoon.
If you chose to work nights, you will work closely with our Service Users, administer medications, support Service Users with their evening and morning routines, keep records of your work up-to-date and accurate and ensure the environment is clean and well-organised.
No matter what you’ll be doing, you’ll be busy but you’ll end the shift knowing you’ve made a real difference!
More about my client:
My client Bowden Derra Park is an independently owned complex that was established in 1982 and provides a safe, welcoming and pleasant environment for vulnerable adults. They are dedicated to the care and wellbeing of people with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Difficulties by offering a fantastic and caring environment to their service users and their families.
They have exciting plans for 2018 and want you to be part of this. They are growing rapidly and have clients waiting for their service.
What my client can offer you
My client Bowden Derra Park is unique, it offers a fantastic and caring environment to their service users and their family. To ensure they are happy, it is essential their staff are happy and fulfilled. They have a package reflecting the high commitment they require of their staff which includes:-
- 2 week rolling rota so you know months in advance your working pattern - rare in this sector
- Working 3 x 12 hour shifts one week and 4 x12 hour shift the next week, giving you plenty of free time. We also support part-time working so if you can only work a couple of shifts a week, it’s not a problem
- Relaxed working atmosphere - no uniform
- Fully supported in your role - on-site management and 24/7 on call
- Hot meal provided from our standard menu, but fully discounted meals also available from our new restaurant
- Excellent training programme to include formal qualifications - Bowden Derra pay all costs
- Many opportunities for career progression - we have around 200 staff and are keen to promote staff from within
- Free parking
- Reimbursement of DBS costs for permanent staff, following a qualifying period.
Apply with your current CV and covering letter today.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
- Care Plans
- Personal Care
- Social Care
- Elder Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"