Full Time Support Workers (Care Workers) to Join our Growing and Dynamic Team in Maidstone , Kent
The Support Worker will be working within a growing and dynamic Team to provide the highest possible standards of care to adults with physical disabilities, mental health issues and learning disabilities, challenging behaviours and users with some complex forensic history. You will provide support and empowerment to our Service Users to improve their ability to make positive choices whilst also enabling them achieve a degree of independence. You will be offering continuity of care whilst ensuring that the service users social, cultural, spiritual and physical needs are met to the highest possible standards.
Principal Duties/ Specific Responsibilities:
- Act as an associate key worker to specified individuals and assist in the development of Person Centered Plan to reflect the lifestyles and choices of the service user.
- To participate in assessing needs and planning, facilitating and evaluating the residents care program and reviews. This involves the responsibilities for carrying out the administrative tasks associated with the care planning recording systems.
- To assist in the assessment of risk and the development of guidelines which aim to manage and reduce risk.
- Support the service users to develop and maintain friendships and relationships with others (including relatives), ensuring you act in a professional and confidential manner at all times.
- Assist in monitoring of health and behaviour of service users reporting any changes to the shift co-ordinator or the service manager.
- Help and support service users to understand and meet their emotional, racial, cultural and religious needs and preferences whilst maintaining the privacy, dignity and respect at all times.
- Undertake escort duties as required.
- Support the service users to plan and choose activities such as trips, leisure pursuits, educational / vocational trips and accompany them if desired.
- Involve and support the service users in the undertaking of household tasks as appropriate to the individual.
- To be aware of and respond to specific needs arising from the residents gender, age, sexuality and disability.
- To assist residents with preparing meals and with self-care as required.
- To supervise and administer medication in accordance with service policy.
- To work as a member of the team to create a homely and stimulating environment that is safe and clean. This includes reporting any hazard or maintenance work that needs carrying out.
- To administer and record transactions relating to petty cash accordance with the companys procedure, alerting the Service Manager of any discrepancies or suspicions of financial misdemeanours.
- To effectively communicate with other staff both verbally and in writing.This to include handovers, completion of logs, diary and record writing.
- To actively participate and provide a full range of rehabilitation support and care that is tailored to each service user.
- Adhere to all agreed Bramley Healths policies and procedures
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity, confidentiality and professional behaviour.
- Ensure the service is provided within an equal opportunities framework.
- To fully participate in the supervision and appraisal process as required.
- To undertake training as necessary and in line with personal and professional development as agreed with the line manager.
- To contribute to the Health, Safety and Welfare of the environment, colleagues and service users by adhering to the Health and Safety regulations and policies.
- Assist the Service Manager to maintain care and support services and the environment to the agreed quality standards, e.g CSCI
- Understand and maintain the rules relating the Data Protection Act relating to records kept within the home and relating to Bramley Health.
- Plan and deal with appointments/meetings as required.
- To undertake other reasonable adhoc duties at the request of the Service Manager which are supportive of the job role, which may include project work, internal rotation and absence cover.
NVQ 2 or willing to work towards Willing to undertake all mandatory training
NVQ 3 Mandatory training already completed
Good and proven communication skills essential must be able to communicate verbally with adults with learning disabilities Must be able to read care plans and update memos containing important information
Writing skills desirable if candidate is able to fill out daily records Desirable if First Aid trained Desirable if candidate has cooking skills Desirable if computer literate Desirable if candidate has full clean driving license and own transport
ATTITUDES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
High standard of personal presentation Able to work under own initiative Willing to undertake all aspects of care work Flexible with hours of work Willing to cover shifts at short notice Must be caring, patient empathetic
Outgoing personality Confidence Good telephone manner
Ability to understand and work to policies and Procedures Willingness to learn about CQC/Care Standards Ability to source and emulate best practice
Knowledge of CQC/Care Standards Health and Safety at Work Knowledge of client group
This job description and person specification is subject to review and development from time to time in agreeance with CQC Standards. As an employee of Bramley Health you will be required adhere to all policies and procedures.
Some Benefits We Offer:
- 5.6 weeks holiday including bank holidays
- A Great Team and Environment to work in.
- Company pension scheme- Up to 5% Employers contributions
- Child Care Vouchers
- Exclusive retails discounts from Sainsburys, Tescos, Starbucks, Cafe Nero, Zizzi etc
- Discounted gym memberships
- Discounted cinema tickets available any day of the week e.g at Vue, Odeon etc
- Discounted phone insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Free and confidential counselling
- Refer-a-friend Scheme with financial incentives.
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job