We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team based in Leatherhead, Surrey on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £16,832 – £19,892 per annum depending on experience and/or qualifications.
The Grange Centrefor People with Disabilities provides vital services supporting people with learning disabilities to lead independent and fulfilling lives. We believe everyone is different but everyone has potential and our support workers have seen people learn to cook, improve their communication, get a work placement, paid work or even move into independent living in the community.
As the Support Workers, you will join our team assuming the key working function for allocated individuals. You will support individuals with their daily living and support them in the management of their tenancy with The Grange, including managing health needs and medication, accompanying on medical appointments, laundry, personal care, shopping, food preparation, budgeting, maintaining any work experience or volunteer placements they might have, and social links.
The duties and key responsibilities of Support Workers:
- Ensure support plans are updated as necessary; record activity and progress in these plans and be involved in implementing and reviewing these plans
- Assess risk and write risk assessments ensuring that they are reviewed on a regular basis and amended where necessary
- Monitor a person’s condition, ensuring that any mental or physical health changes are communicated to the relevant Team Leader
- Ensure that satisfactory recordings are made in relation to all those being supported, for example, daily records, daily 1:1 and shared hours, and monthly reports, review and support plans
- Share in the rota of overnight sleep-in duties subject to receipt and renewal of appropriate training
- Liaise with the Skills and Activities department on identified training/stills development needs of those we support and to work together in achieving these goals
- Liaise with external agencies as well as people’s families, carers and friends, developing a positive working relationship and ensuring effective communication is maintained
- Comply with confidentiality, equal opportunities and data protection regulations within working practices
- Attend training courses as appropriate and to ensure continuing professional development
- Carry out all duties in line with the company policy and procedure and ensuring accurate record-keeping
- Uphold the Grange Values and Behaviours
Our ideal Support Workers will have the below skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills with good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to get on with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Practical and flexible approach to work and to shifts and rotas
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone using own initiative
- Administration and IT skills
- Driving licence is essential
- Experience of working with adults with learning difficulties (desirable)
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (desirable)
The Grange wants to lead the way as provider of choice for people with learning disabilities, inspiring our local and wider communities.
If this is something that you want to be part of and you have the skills and experience necessary to join us as Support Workers, please click apply today – we’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job