Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking to add a full time Support Worker to our passionate and committed team in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
We are looking for creative, caring and dedicated individuals to provide personalised support to work at our Day Opportunities Service for Older People, and our Supported Living and Outreach services in Stoke-on-Trent. This varied role involves working at our day centre (open 8:30am-5pm) and flexibly within the wider community (this can include evenings and weekends) providing support to service users in their own homes. You will be providing person centred care, support and activities to older service users with dementia and providing a friendly door to door transport service. Duties can involve personal care, help with domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning, or offering social/emotional support. The ideal applicant will thrive working in a busy environment and be able to work well as a team and independently.
Support Worker Duties:
– To provide person centred care, support and activities to older service users with dementia
– Willingness to work at the day centre and visiting service users in their own home flexibly, to include evenings and weekends
– To support service users to access a wide range of interesting and stimulating activities, both within the centre and/or their own home which incorporates their preferences and interests
– To provide sensitive and respectful support for service users in respect of their personal care needs
– To liaise with the families of service users and keep them informed of the progress of service users.
You must have good and clear communication skills that enables you to provide respectful personal care. Applicants must be at least 21 years old and have held a full, clean driving license for a minimum of 2 years as an essential requirement, in accordance with UK Law, to drive a service user mini bus. Relevant experience in care is desirable but not essential, full training will be provided.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
– Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
– Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
– Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
– Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
– All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'