Our client, a global manufacturing business based in South Yorkshire seeks a Supply Chain Engineer to join their growing team. This newly created role is key for ensuring cost effectiveness and efficiency through all stages of the supply chain process, from taking orders from channels through to delivery of product to the channel.
This role is based on a 38.5 hour working week but unlike many businesses my client offers full flexibility to fit your schedule. So, this allows you to have a better work/life balance.
- Seek opportunities to improve efficiencies and drive down costs within the order management and logistics operations
- Work across the entire supply chain to ensure effective cross functional communication between the Sales, NPD, Operations, Customers and Suppliers
- Develop metrics which drive improvements in order management and logistics
- In close and good contact with suppliers and customers to ensure efficient and efficient processes
- Manage customer escalations and put in place processes to handle them effectively
- Improving processes of forecasts, MPS and MRP
- Developing and improving supply chain alignment with suppliers and customers
- Developing and improving the ERP systems
- Establish transparent inventory reporting systems and ensuring minimum blockage of working capital and storage costs
- Participate in projects (logistical) improvement projects and new product development
- Track logistics cost savings against pre-determined savings targets
- Seek for effective supplier innovation in line with group procurement; strategic initiatives
- Develop supplier evaluation programs (like KPI's, frequency of monitoring and reporting) ensuring suppliers provide consistent quality and service;
- Collaborate with and influence (internal) business partners for assigned commodities, suppliers and portfolio in order to understand and meet business needs and requirements
- Setting up SLA agreements with suppliers and customers
- Developing and implementing E-solutions with suppliers and customers
Who should apply?
- Power of persuasion
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to cope with detail information
Benefits include - Flexible working hours to fit your schedule, study support and development, 31 days annual leave (Inclusive of bank holidays), free onsite parking pension scheme and death in service.