St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £85.7bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Working in the Technology Services Division this is a key role responsible for ensuring effective engagement with our suppliers, making sure controls are in place to manage risk, and helping us to get the best value from our outsourced service providers.
For each of our technology suppliers a 'Business Owner’ has been assigned with overall responsibility for managing the relationship. This role involves working with Business Owners to embed supplier governance standards and to make sure we meet our regulatory obligations, in particular with regard to the company’s Material Outsourcing Policy.
- Facilitating Business Owner awareness and adoption of best practice including governance requirements
- As part of this, reviewing requirements with Business Owners to identify where there are gaps, agreeing action plans to address them and monitoring progress against such plans. Key areas of focus include:
- Due diligence
- Contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Monitoring of performance, operational risk and financial stability
- Assisting Business Owners when on-boarding new suppliers, to make sure requirements are met
- Overseeing, developing and administering the Division’s Supplier Management SharePoint site
- Co-ordinating contract management controls across the Division, including maintenance of a schedule of contract dates
- Attending supplier meetings as required
- Helping ensure opportunities to develop relationships are explored between Business Owners and suppliers (e.g. increase volumes/scope, new products, process improvement, cost reduction)
- Providing support for, and contributing to, commercial reviews and contract negotiations
- Providing management information to ensure visibility of Supplier Management performance across the Division, including development and maintenance of dashboards
- In conjunction with the Business Owner, providing quarterly status reporting to the Group Risk Executive for Material Outsource suppliers
- Alongside Business Owners, working with others involved in managing the relationship and with Legal, Risk and Procurement teams
- Proven supplier management skills, ideally in relation to outsourced services
- Risk management skills, including interpreting and following up due diligence information obtained from suppliers
- The ability to review supplier contracts to understand key elements, identify gaps and take forward actions to address these
- Supplier performance management skills, including the monitoring and control of operational service/risk
- Able to develop strong productive relationships with suppliers and with multiple stakeholders within the company
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, including influencing and collaboration abilities
- Tenacious and disciplined in following through actions
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Capable with technology and comfortable working in a technology-focused environment
- CIPS, ITIL (desirable)
- SharePoint administration (desirable)
This role is currently signed off as a full-time role however we are open to considering applications from those looking to work a part time working pattern.
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed in excess of £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We have received much recognition for the high quality of advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager'by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; 'Best Financial Advisor’ atThe Personal Finance Awards’and the 2017 City of London ' Wealth Management Company of the Year'. We are also the current holders of the 'Britain’s Most Admired Companies Award’ within our sector.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.