Two brand new public sector procurement job opportunities have arisen within a leading organisation based in Southampton. These procurement positions will cement the foundations of the team and will play a significant part in the successes of the recent transformation of the procurement function. These Supplier Relationship Manager positions are responsible for delivering value for money.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement specifically within the public sector, at Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Manager or Procurement Manager level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Supplier Relationship Manager include:
- You will have experience with the implementation of several complex contracts.
- You must ensure that excellent relationships are built and maintained with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with Procurement Managers to ensure that cost saving targets are exceeded
- You must have experience working in a fast paced environment, managing up to 30 contracts at any one time
- You will be responsible for creating a contract management/supplier relationship management strategy
Person specification of the Supplier Relationship Manager include:
- Previous public sector procurement experience - including working knowledge of the EU Procurement Directives
- Member of CIPS (either MCIPS or studying towards)
- Supplier Relationship Management experience
- Contract Management experience within a complex organisation
- Experience of leading teams/managing staff