The role of the Commodity Specialist will namely focus on assisting with the subcontract procurement within the existing purchasing team. During this, they will report to the Sub contract Commodity Leader, and ensure best value sourcing.
Other Duties include:
• Working with approved suppliers.
• Ensure the business is achieving the best price possible.
• Identify new sources of sub contract supply.
• To manage key supplier relationships through the Vendor Rating Scorecard process.
• To analyse quotations from suppliers
• Negotiate price and delivery terms that represent best value to the business and supports production requirements.
• Initiate supplier agreements with critical suppliers, with a focus on fixed pricing and capacity allocation.
• To work with the Commodity Leader to ensure sub contract suppliers are educated and engaged in the vendor rating scorecard process.
• Liaise with Sales departments to provide support to effectively assess bids to ensure quoted lead-times and costs are realistic and achievable.
• To work with various business departments and provide support and advice where required to ensure we achieve our on time delivery targets
• Support the supply chain expediting function to ensure the sub contract manufacturing supply base achieves on time delivery.
The right person will have extensive experience in working a similar role for an engineering and/or manufacturing organisation, focusing on subcontract manufacturing procurement.
They will also be able to demonstrate:
. Positive and Motivated work ethic.
. Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
. Exceptional organisational skills.
. Strong communication & problem solving skills.
. A good knowledge of production processes and systems.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business