An award winning, highly successful B2B Marketing Agency is looking for a brilliant Planner with previous experience in a strategic role. This role will sit within the growing Planning function and will report to the Planning Director. They need someone who works in a strategic capacity, whose main focus is about understanding why we, as people, choose what we choose; what governs this process and how to influence it with communication.
This is a hybrid role; therefore they are looking for someone with a knowledge of both brand and comms planning. This might mean you’re a brand planner who has ventured into comms, or a comms planner who is adept at research and writing creative briefs. What is most important however, is your ability to understand business problems, then develop smart strategies that help to answer them.
You’ll be responsible for developing communication strategies, customer journeys and content plans, producing original audience insights, helping to develop creative briefs, and collaborating with creative teams, the social media team, and client services. The role requires someone who can bring their thinking to life, helping to inform the creation of brilliant creative ideas.
A strong degree of knowledge of how all media permeates people’s lives is essential for this role.
- Work with their Planning, New Business and Client Service teams to create effective communication strategies and frameworks.
- Work closely with their Creative team, inspiring them through translating research and strategy into original ideas that impact the business of our clients in a meaningful way.
- Support the Account Management team in analysing campaign results to highlight key findings and actionable recommendations.
- Develop close working relationships with platforms, media providers, and partnered media agencies.
- Experience working in a strategic planning capacity
- Brand planning (who - audience segmentation, observation > insight identification)
- Comms planning (where to reach them - channel planning, architecture, platform recommendations etc.)
- Customer Journeys (how they will progress through their communications
- Content plans (what they will see on the journey)
- Digital (website, online marketing, social platform strategy etc.)
- A thorough researcher
- A brilliant wordsmith
- A confident, articulate speaker
- An eye for detail
- A care for the craft in absolutely everything you produce
Not for you but you know someone suitable? Bluetree offers a referral fee.
Bluetree Recruits Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Bluetree Recruits is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Brand Awareness
- Digital Comms