An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Stores Manager to join a thriving Nottingham business. You will demonstrate strong leadership skills and develop the logistics, inventory/materials team, stock handling processes to achieve both effective and efficient stock control management. You will play a key role in supporting the implementation of MRP/Kanban in to the business and responsible for stores management and Health and Safety processes in order to achieve and maintain the quality systems across the various projects.
Some of the main responsibilities:
- Manage the stores for the manufacturing site and lead a team to deliver an excellent service and on-site availability of operational products, goods and PPE.
- Develop and implement processes and controls to effectively manage goods in/out, location and issue
- Implement and maintain a stock management process to consistently achieve stock accuracy
- Support, implement and sustain continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies including removal of non-value-added activities.
- Work in conjunction with the production team to ensure the optimal flow of materials to satisfy the production requirements.
- Maintain accurate stock records and transactions in all operations of the company's system, including investigation and prevention of inaccuracies. Proactively assess and investigate root causes of stock loss/gain trends.
- Maintain full understanding and compliance of the company ISO9001/ISO14001/ISO18001 standards
- Review/remove/report obsolete or damaged stock and report financial impact.
- Schedule and organise stock cycle checks and main stock takes.
- Maintain a high standard of maintenance and housekeeping along with workplace organisation throughout the stores area.
- To ensure the team are trained and work within Health & Safety regulations and develop 5S and Lean throughout the work areas.
Job Role: Stores Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Type: Permanent role
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
If you are interested in applying for this position, please either email Ashley Bane on ashleyb @ Macildowie.com or contact him directly on .
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.