We are looking for a SQL Developer, up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience.
This SQL Developer role is vital to the delivery of internal and client led development to a high standard and in line with project timelines. The role involves working as part of a projects team as well as a degree of autonomy and self-checking, successful candidates should demonstrate a desire to improve and refine working practices, enhancing the ILG IT proposition.
Working as part of the Projects & Development team, the successful candidate will be recognised as having a strong background in SQL, adopting best practice when using Management Studio, Report Builder and Visual Studio. They will take a methodical and consistent approach to the role, translating customer and staff requirements into project work and working to the agreed deadlines.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop and deliver integrations between ILG’s system and clients/suppliers in line with project milestones and ILG change management protocol
- Design reports as required to provide clients and business stakeholders with information
- Perform testing on all changes in a sandbox environment prior to release to the production system
- Understand front-end users requirements and translate into change requests or one off queries
- Help write and optimise SQL statements / solutions
- Monitor performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentation and specifications as necessary for handover to the business support team
- Act as a point of contact for internal support teams and clients post project completion
- Work alongside Third parties to perform common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimise and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and key business stakeholders to continuously improve the ILG offering
- Maintain high service levels for customers through self-quality control checks
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven experience of working with T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Possess quick decision making skills especially during client meetings and workshops
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Ability to translate and plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data to drive performance
- Diligent and accurate
- A logical approach to problem resolution and a methodical approach to implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with different levels of the organisation
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- 20 days holiday including bank holidays with the option to buy / sell holiday.
- Birthday Leave
- Dedicated rest areas with free tea and coffee
- Parking on site
- Dedicated platform for learning and development
- Social Events
- Staff member of the month rewards
- Bonus scheme
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Healthshield - Care Package and Discount Perks.
ILG has grown to become a market leader in fulfilment, warehousing and logistics services. During this time, it has evolved alongside the e-commerce wave and major developments in the courier and freight industries to be the pick, pack and ship service for online businesses.
ILG plans continued growth through expanded services across the UK and beyond while maintaining its focus on people and quality. We are an ambitious fast paced growing business looking for motivated, talented and energetic individuals to come and join our expanding teams.
- Sql Server