SQL Database Engineer - £35,000, Chatham.
SQL Database Engineer - £35,000, Chatham. My client, a large and expanding financial firm based in Chatham, Medway, are looking for a SQL Database Engineer to join a growing team with SQL server and VMware experience as well as a background working within an ITIL framework and ideally an MCSE / MCITP / MCSA qualification. The purpose of the role is to support the company's infrastructure by performing a technical role within the IT Infrastructure Team. You will be responsible for the care and maintenance of the IT systems, enabling the organisation to offer an excellent service to its customers.
Your duties within this role will include ensuring all database servers are backed up to meet the business' Recovery Point Objectives (RPO), while testing backups to ensure they can meet the business' Recovery Time Objectives (RTO). You will be troubleshooting SQL Server service outages as they occur and will configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms. As new systems are brought in-house, you will be choosing whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies, and will be installing and configuring new SQL Servers. You will be expected to deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors and when performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes. You will write technical designs and documents to include documenting the company's database environment and will recommend tools to diagnose server reliability and performance issues. You will be required to mentor other engineers as needed, and will maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations.
Requested Knowledge & Experience:
- Operational and troubleshooting experience with multiple production SQL Servers
- Experience of implementing and working with any of the following is essential: Failover clustering, SAN replication, SQL high availability technologies, Analysis Services, Integration Services and Reporting Services
- A background having working in a virtualised (VMWare) infrastructure estate is desirable
- SQL Server 2005-2014 is essential
- SQL Server merge, peer to peer, or transactional replication is essential.
- "No SQL" database is desirable
- Windows Server operating system from 2008 on is desirable
- Knowledge of working with HP SAN storage and Blade technologies is desirable.
As an SQL Database Engineer working for this company you will receive a salary of up to £35,000 as well as an annual bonus and a host of benefits including private healthcare and an excellent pension scheme.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
- SQL Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job