SQL Database Administrator - Manchester - 45K - Banking
SQL Database Administrator with at least 2 years SQL database, SQL data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL experience is required by a banking company in Manchester
You must live and breathe SQL, be obsessed with SQL database's and want to continue to progress. This role sits in a SQL Server 2012 & SQL Server 2016 environment as they are in the process of migrating over. They are also currently revamping their old systems and building brand new software databases with the latest technology stack. You must have at least SQL Server 2012 experience but have the willingness to use SQL Server 2016.
- 2 years of SQL Server 2012 / 2016 experience
- Experience in a SQL Database Administration role
- Experience of medium to large scale SQL Server Databases with SQL Data Backup, recovery and security
- SQL Big Data & Data warehousing
- Banking, Fintech or FS experience
- SQL Server 2016
The role is for one of the North West's most successful banking companies based in Manchester. This role is for the candidates who love SQL and wants to bring new ideas to the table. It is a large but growing SQL technology environment and this person will play a major part in the continuing development.
The purpose of the Database Administrator would be to develop, manage and maintain the SQL Server environment, ensuring data integrity, security, availability, performance and manageability across all SQL servers and databases.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all aspects of SQL database administration, design and maintenance as defined by the Head of IT
- Responsible for providing the design of the database solutions.
- Heavily involved in backups, restores, recovery models, Clustering, mirroring, and Replication
All the team love technology, regularly attend SQL and development hookups and meetings. You will work on high transactional databases throughout as well as a lot of big data & data warehousing projects. The projects are fresh, new and including new builds as well as on-going support.
My client is looking to pay a starting salary of between £35,000 - £45,000+ an excellent benefits package (Free onsite parking, Gym, Discounted restaurant onsite etc)
To apply please send your CV to
Keywords: SQL Database Administrator - SQL Server 2016 - Manchester - 45K
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.