Speech and Language Therapy Assistant - Birmingham
From £19,892 - £23,203 pro rata
Core Contributor (Band 4)
30 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join the Speech and Language Therapy Team at our Birmingham site. SLT work across all clinical pathways; this includes Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Acquired Brain Injury and Progressive Neurological Conditions, providing support with patients’ communication needs and dysphagia/mealtime needs.
Summary of job role:
- To undertake duties under the direction of qualified Speech and Language Therapists
- To be skilled at adapting practice or make modifications to treatment packages, to meet individual patient needs
- To carry out delegated individual programmes or group sessions as required by the Speech and Language Therapist
- To be primarily involved in assisting patients who have communication and swallowing difficulties
- To create resources that are patient-specific
- To undertake administrative and general duties, which will contribute to the smooth running of the Speech and Language Therapy Service
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team setting
- To collaborate and communicate with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure that patients receive the best care and treatment to maximise their potential
What we are looking for in you?
- You must possess a good standard of written and spoken English.
- To have a developing or established knowledge of either Autistic Spectrum Condition, Learning Disabilities or Mental Health
- To have some experience of working with adults in a health or social care setting
- To be enthusiastic and motivated
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications
For further information please contact Casey Stevens () tel
Closing Date: Sunday 4th November
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'