Cygnet Hospital Harrow provides a recovery focused service treating a wide range of mental health problems. We also offer specialist diagnostic, assessment and inpatient services for individuals with mental health needs and who also have a dual diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.
As a Ward Doctor you will have clinical responsibility for in-patients on the Springs Centre Ward under the direction of the Consultant. You will provide continuous medical cover on a daily basis to the ward catering for the needs of Individuals within rehabilitation (locked and open) and low secure services. Your duties will include:
• To assess all patients and ensure appropriate investigation, diagnosis and treatment/medication under the Consultant supervision
• Ensure interviews and re-assessments are completed appropriate to the individual clients need
• Participate in treatment plans and therapeutic programmes, weekly ward rounds and in other multidisciplinary meetings, including CPA’s, MHRT’s (at the discretion of the RC)
• Have good communication with ward nursing staff, including morning handover meetings each working day
We are looking for people who have:
• Full GMC registration
• Relevant experience with forensic, learning disability or autism client groups
• The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgment/ experience in making clinical decision and managing risk and knows when to seek help
• The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
• The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
• Proven record of Continued Professional Development
• Desirable: Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
• Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
In return, we’ll offer you:
• Salary up to £70,000 (depending on experience)
• Support from a Consultant Psychiatrist and multidisciplinary team
• Generous annual leave entitlement and study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc.
• Company pension scheme
• Active participation in clinical governance
• Subsidised meals
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive change?
Please click the link to apply.