Science Solutions are currently recruiting a permanent Speciality Fluids Development Technologist for our client, to help drive the technical expansion, diversification and innovation of its primary range of heat transfer fluids. Well established, they are a manufacturer of speciality chemicals in the North East of England.
We are looking for recent chemistry or materials science graduates or those with an industrial year or post graduate experience to fill this exciting opportunity
- To ensure that all activities in the laboratory and office are carried out to the required safety, health, environmental and quality standards.
- To design and conduct experiments for the screening of technology platforms and development of heat transfer fluids for both short and long term projects and to record, through documentation, the results and interpretations of key pieces of work as appropriate.
- To agree the main priorities of work and deadlines with the SFD Technical Manager and to keep them updated with both the necessary progress and timelines.
- To effectively communicate and liaise with other personnel within the technical, production and commercial departments.
- To provide application and technical support for existing and developmental products to internal and external customers.
- To manage the issues and problems from all customers of speciality fluids in order to devise better guides and ways of working that lead to the codification of regular and routine issues into more general support for all.
Skills and experience:
- A degree or similar qualification in Chemistry, material sciences or related subjects would be preferable, but consideration will be given for relevant experience.
- Work well as part of a team but are willing to take the initiative when needed.
- Comfortable working within a customer facing technical function and with commercial colleagues.
- The flexibility to travel when required.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in formulation development, corrosion and corrosion inhibition would be advantageous.
A salary based on your experience along with a contributory pension scheme and 25 days annual holiday are offered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job