Highly Specialist Paediatric Dysphagia Infants Feeding Speech & Language Therapist - GREAT ORMOND STREET
We have a fantastic opportunity working for an amazing Paediatric hospital based within zone 1- 2 in central London.
Our client is looking for a highly specialist Paediatric dysphagia specialist to join them part-time on a 3 month contract working 22.5 hours per week.
The Hospital has 383 patient beds, including 44 intensive care beds (21 CICU, 15 PICU and 8 NICU). Majority og the children and young people on the wards require high dependency care or are classed as ward intensive care, requiring one-to-one nursing.
• To provide a high level specialist speech and language therapy service for in and out-patients with feeding and communication disorders arising from a wide range of rare and unusual conditions ensuring the highest standard of clinical care.
• This may include attendance at ward rounds, psycho-social ward meetings, case conferences, joint clinics and discharge planning meetings as necessary.
• To provide high-level specialist knowledge in the selection, appropriate application and interpretation of objective investigations of the oral-motor and pharyngeal aspects of feeding.
• To provide high-level specialist SLT assessment and management of developmental and acquired communication difficulties in the acute environment.
• Communicating effectively with the MDT within the trust and with community personnel, including paediatricians, health visitors, teachers, SENCOS and particularly the speech and language therapy profession.
• To provide support to Videofluoroscopy swallow study clinics as appropriate, and develop and communicate an appropriate management plan.
• Acute care hospital experience in paediatric dysphagia
• HCPC Registered
• Enhanced DBS
Please send your CV directly to or call | to discuss the role further.
Why choose RIG?
Strong market knowledge and dedicated specialist recruiter in SLT, with over 3 years in the industry.
Strong reputation with the NHS, piece of mind that you're working with a reputable Framework agency
Strong compliance ethics, would you want a family member being looked after by someone not qualified or with no compliance checks?
We don't lie about our rates £ all rates Non -Direct or Direct engagement (PAYE) given are as per the frameworks and agency capped rates, know that you're working with transparency.
Nationwide SLT Vacancies.
Highly knowledgeable consultants who care about your career and want to aid your professional development in any way we can. For every 3 months you work through RIG, you will receive £150 CPD contributions! (T's&C's apply).