The Solution Design Architect role involves leading edge design of technical solutions across multiple vendors and technology sets. Responsibility for current and new technology from existing partners as well as technology evaluation and product introduction for new technologies to complement existing solutions within the Redstone portfolio.
The role will involve supporting our sales team in customer meetings for new opportunities with full responsibility for technical design and detailed scope of works documentation. This role will also have full responsibility for the technical design and implementation of solutions and will be the main technical point of contact liaising with the customer, vendors, project managers and implementation engineers. The role will also involve taking on bid manager responsibilities which involves working alongside the pre-sales team to prepare a successful bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. Responsibilities include introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures and processes. This role requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
Key Responsibility Areas
- An interest in perusing technological advances and innovative ideas
- Able to analyse, define and document an organizations solution architecture
- A strong understanding of network, server and desktop security.
- Identifying and understanding and organizations needs and business requirements
- Demonstrate a strong technical understanding across a number of technologies
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills in managing engineers involved in projects, and work alongside Project Managers to ensure project timescales are met
- Able to produce clear technical design and scope of works documents
- To provide advice and consultancy to Redstone customers when required
- Build technical relationships within key partners
- Responsibility for new product introduction into Redstone
- Responsibility for training plans for new products and technologies introduced to the product portfolio
- To provide Redstone customers with a point of ownership throughout the duration of a project
- To work with the Redstone Project Managers to ensure the accurate recording and tracking of all customer related activities
- To continue to pursue self-development through study and practice
- To assist with any other duties assigned that may increase the satisfaction of our customers through service excellence
- Responsible for the implementation of BS ISO / IEC 27001 data security management, whilst upholding the ethos of the standard, associated legislation, Company procedures and policies.
- To manage the bid qualification process for new opportunities. Manage responses to Sales proposals, RFIs, etc., within agreed timescales, including reviewing lessons learned from past projects and the ratification of design and pricing
- Manage bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, design teams, finance, commercial, legal and project delivery.
- Preparing and reviewing all aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final document to the customer.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Contributing sound technical knowledge to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary).
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Arrange all kick off meetings for new bids and take key meeting minutes.
Relevant Experience, Knowledge & Training required to Perform the role
- Demonstrable Pre-Sales abilities
- High level design and excellent documentation skills
- Demonstrate technical knowledge across multiple vendors
- Self-starter who is self-motivated and highly resourceful
- Excellent in creation of specification documents
- Full car driving license - This role will involve UK wide travel
- Proven track record of having supported and installed a complex converged network
- Understanding of Prince 2 project management standards
- Technical Design