Joining the IT Architecture team as a Product Architect, your role will be to provide technology vision and leadership for critical systems used by many markets. Fundamental to your success will be interpreting requirements from multiple customers and evaluating market trends to deliver best in class, differentiating products to support TUI’s evolving business.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. We are building a single customer facing team across our airline, contact centre, overseas and retail service teams that will deliver a consistent, contemporary service to every single customer. Joining us will not only provide opportunities for you to grow your management career, but the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural united team.
What you will be doing
As a Product Architect, your role will be to create and maintain a technical product specification addressing and managing requirements from multiple stakeholders. Your role will define the Solution Architecture of the Product. Your role will include the ownership and maintenance of a high-level description of a functional solution, its intended use, and the set of capabilities and features it provides that fulfill cross market current and future needs.
You will be accountable for defining the product architecture ensuring the core of the product is protected from tactical implementation specific ‘customisations’ and taking into account differing customer and source market needs.
Working with the Product Owner you will define the architectural vision and structure, and specify the features that the market requirements prescribe. You will own the product's feature matrix, product roadmap, and will contribute to and assure technical specification documents.
You will utilise your experience of integration approaches and their application in a highly complex heterogeneous environment including SOA and API approaches ensuring that you are comfortable with architectural implications of performance, scalability and extensibility on system design.
You will act as an open collaborator to facilitate joint understanding of the outcomes of technology change, eliciting clear statements of requirements.
Working through ambiguity and soliciting key information from project team members you will be required to learn quickly and take on board a significant scale of technical and industry knowledge in a short period of time. You will do this by taking a consultative approach to work and able to give and receive constructive fact based criticism where necessary
Utilising excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills you will communicate effectively with both external and internal stakeholders and work with development teams, other source markets, engineering and product planning.
In all activities you will maintain excellent stakeholder management and customer focus; be conscientious, self-motivated and well organised, with a high level of personal integrity and a strong commercial acumen and awareness of business strategy and IT alignment.
What we are looking for
- Systems development life-cycle and typical problems associated with the implementation of information systems, from initial concept through development and implementation to operation and support.
- Managing a diverse set of stakeholders, capturing business requirements, performing needs and benefits analysis, translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Managing and communicating a long term product roadmap, articulating features and their value whilst ensuring the product remains true to its core purpose.
- Designing and building high performance analytical and forecasting systems.
- Architecting solutions using the any of the following technologies.
- Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) architectures and technologies
- Spring Java Framework
- Enterprise data warehouses
- Data warehousing data models (Snowflake, Star).
- Oracle Enterprise Edition RDBMS.
- Oracle Exadata database appliance
- JBOSS WildFly Java application server, Message Queue (A-MQ)
- Reporting and analytical data visualisation technologies
- Message orientated architectures and/or event driven architectures
- Ensuring that documentation is created and maintained to a level enabling customers to
- Balancing competing priorities for new features, minor enhancements and bug fixes.
- An architectural notation framework for requirements definition and for systems design preferably TOGAF.
- Experience with delivering solutions for travel, hospitality retail or corporate services platforms.
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Working with highly technical staff and outsourced teams, working on multiple projects towards a common end goal throughout the development lifecycle.
Working within TUI group
Working at TUI
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job