Solicitor / Senior Paralegal - Insurance Fraud - Leeds
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a Solicitor or Senior Paralegal level fee earner to join their Insurance Fraud team in Leeds.
We are seeking applications from candidates with a strong academic background, and will consider a qualified Solicitor/FILEX (1-2 years post qualification experience) or those operating at a Senior Paralegal level with experience of handling insurance litigation files, within a defendant or claimant environment. Fraud experience is desirable. We will also consider candidates who have experience of handling defendant RTA files who have a real desire to move into the fraud arena, and an already sound knowledge of this area of work.
We are seeking candidates with a positive attitude, attention to detail, the ability to handle a busy caseload and a team player. Candidates should have the ability to operate in a commercial environment.
The Fraud team at DWF handle a variety of work, including low velocity impact, phantom passenger, staged accidents and fraud ring work. Any candidates with experience of these areas are encouraged to apply.
Main function of job: To demonstrate technical and commercial expertise and the ability to deliver results within required time frames in order to provide the highest service level to external clients whilst demonstrating and communicating a clear understanding of business needs/changes to internal clients.
- Responsible to: Insurance Fraud Partner / Associate
- Liaison with: Insurance Fraud across the offices, clients, employees at all level across the firm.
- Achieve time recording targets split between chargeable and investment time in any one financial year;
- Achieve individual financial targets in line with sales plan;
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice;
- Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally;
- Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices;
- Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge;
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Develop increased levels of technical and commercial knowledge via training or supervised working practices.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
Note to recruitment agencies: We operate a strict preferred supplier list and we will only accept CV's from agencies who we have agreed terms with and who we have instructed to assist us with this recruitment. All introductions should be made direct to the Talent Acquisition team and we will not pay a fee for any CV's sent to our business outside of this process.