General Scope: The role is for a Software Trainer to be responsible for delivering functional software training to users at a training centre, located at a head office in Thame, at regional venues and at client premises throughout the UK and Ireland.
The role requires flexibility to respond to changing diary requirements and regular travel with stays away from home.
Location: Full Time, the office base is Thame, Buckinghamshire, although the role is predominantly field based.
Our client is a leading international developer of software used throughout the construction life cycle. Their core product, is a project, portfolio, resource and cost management software used predominantly in the construction sector. They enjoy a leading market share in the UK, after first launching in 1980's.
The current training team compromises 3 full time trainers.
The Software Trainer will join the existing training team within the Professional Services Department. The team are responsible for delivering a range of established training courses for associated products to their clients, as well as designing & planning content to meet specific client requirements. As new products are released, new content may need to be developed.
A substantial amount of travel is involved which includes overnight stays approx 2 per week.
Ideally the successful candidate could have:
- Experience of delivering training - ability to learn quickly & communicate instructions.
- Experience of developing training courses to be delivered to delegates with a range of IT skills and producing relevant supporting documentation.
- A methodical approach with the ability to work independently to understand the functional workings of software then explain this simply to others.
- Previous experience of construction and/or project management would be beneficial.
- To gain & maintain an in-depth knowledge of the company’s software products.
- To aid with the design and production of training materials for the company's products and related courses.
- To deliver training courses at the Company's and client premises. This will involve travel in the UK and will require staying away from home.
- To liaise with other members of the company to effectively carry out the requirements of the position.
- To liaise with members of other departments supplying services to the Sales function.
- To keep an up to date record of client feedback.
- In addition to the duties which this job normally entails, the Employee may from time to time be required to undertake additional duties commensurate with his/her grade as may be reasonably necessary to meet the needs of the Employer's business.
- To develop an in depth understanding of the company’s software products.
- To represent the company, its products and services in a professional manner at all times
- To submit accurate & timely claims for all business expenses incurred in the fulfilment of your role.
- To ensure that all work carried out is of high quality and conforms to any company standards that are in force at that time (ISO9001:2015)
Education, experience & skills:
- Excellent IT proficiency in MS Office applications
- Previous training experience or other customer facing roles
- Strong communication skills with good written and verbal communication
- Confident manner & professional approach
- Starting Basic Salary of £25,000
- Car Allowance of £425 per month
- Workplace Pension Scheme (company contribution of 5% of gross salary with minimum employee contribution 2%)
- 25 Days of Annual Leave
- Communication Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'