Our client is looking for a software tester to support a team of 8 software developers and new deliveries. The key function of the role is to execute a variety of existing test plans, create new test plans, report results and record the progress of issues and take overall responsibility for systems testing and QA testing.
The software tester must be clear and confident communicator and must bemethodicalwith the ability to follow systems and procedures.Essentially the successful candidate will be a team player who is able to use their initiative with a flexible approach to working to tight deadlines.
As the System Tester / QA Tester you will:
- System and product testing the data extractors and Application.
- Create and maintain manual or automated test plans.
- Report and re-test bugs found during testing.
- Report on fault diagnosis.
- Communication with the developers to understand the technologies being used and the testing required.
- Participate in daily stand-ups and team meetings.
- Receive training on the testing processes if required.
The key skills and attributes
- Methodical with the ability to follow systems and procedures
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Work well within a team
- Good communication skills - written and oral
- Good understanding of the development process
- Previous software testing or UAT experience desirable but training will be provided
- Experience with the various Microsoft software applications
- Basic level knowledge of SQL advantageous
- Some experience using C# advantageous
- Experience working in an Agile environment an advantage
Thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidates applying, if you have not heard back from us within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
- Software Tester