Software Support Manager - Doncaster - £35k - £45k
Clemence Rogers are currently recruiting for a Software Support Manager to be based in Doncaster.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
* To oversee the day-to-day operations of Internal Software Support, and lead an internal software support team, to advise and guide users of standard and developed applications with the Company's chosen ERP solution (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) and associated peripheral software.
* To carry out the role whilst ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times. Ensuring that high levels of productivity, attendance and customer satisfaction are maintained at all times.
* Manage a team of Software Support analysts and technicians; acting as a mentor and coach to team members.
* Provide product support to Software Support analysts / technicians.
* Enable support analysts to diagnose and resolve customer problems and educate users on problem resolutions in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
* Ensure user requirements are met with consistently high quality of service.
* Identify the need for new software products or enhancements to existing products.
* Engage with appropriate internal resources to resolve technical issues and update users on progress toward resolution.
* Ensure that each support issue and resolution is adequately documented and tracked from reporting to resolution, including any escalated issues.
* Undertake periodic software housekeeping procedures to ensure the system is running at its optimum at all times and avoid unplanned downtime.
* Periodically review software support logs; track performance and identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement.
* Assist in the QA process of new iterations of the software.
* Determine which issues require software support and redirect those that do not to the appropriate resolution team.
* Bachelor's/Master's IT specific degree.
* Equivalent level of knowledge acquired through experience and training/development.
* Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 - 2016.
* Be proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite at an advanced level.
* Previous experience within a managerial position.
* Demonstrable experience of in-house software management/support.
* Software systems implementation.
* Project Planning/forecasting.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to engage, collaborate and influence.
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask, project manage and achieve deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail.
* Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills.
* High level of self-motivation with a practical, flexible and innovative approach.
* Proven solid judgement.
* Strong decision making ability.
* Office based with occasional travel to sites / third parties.
* Full UK Driving License.
* 40 hours Monday to Friday, with flexibility required.