Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager/Swansea/SQL/C#/ASP/Agile/Scrum
A successful, legal software solutions firm are looking to recruit a software development manager at their Swansea office on a permanent basis. The main purpose of this role isto ensure high quality software components are developed by applying cutting edge software engineering practices.
Responsibilities will include overseeing the development, implementation, and execution of project plans, ensuring scope and schedule are established for projects and assignments, and management of a team of engineering resources.
Main duties in this role:
- Work closely with Product Managers and Scrum Masters to define and prioritize the product deliverables
- Establish software development best practices
- Conduct regular review with management on program progress, risk assessment with proposed resolution alternatives in the delivery of complex, cross organizational and technologically challenging projects
- Establish and drive program schedule, review, analysis, and monitor of all critical paths related to key deliverables - Provide leadership in generating cross product and project task plans, resource planning, identifying interdependencies and risk management plans
- Ability to communicate up and down the organizational ladder from CEO to front line software developer
The main skills and experience required for this role are software team development and the ability to mentor and inspire teams, experience of delivering complex productsand a deep understanding of software development and experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies. It is also important that you have experience with Windows based software projects.
Preferred Technical Skills include:
- Perforce / TFS / GIT or alternative version control experience
- Technical PC experience in a Windows environment preferred
- Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server knowledge - Experience with Visual Studio for Web / Desktop / Server development
- 2+ years of experience leading local and remote development teams
- Experience with software test automation tools and CI / CD practice
If you are interested in this opportunity are keen to hear more please do not hesitate in sending your CV.
- Software Engineering
- Software Solutions
- Technical Skills
- Legal Software
- Microsoft SQL Server