Software Development Manager - Up To £75,000 - Manchester
Our client, a well-recognised software brand, are on the search for a Software Development Manager to join their growing development team. As an instrumental figure in helping the business create a market changing product, the Software Development Manager will take the lead across a team of world-class Developers as they create new functionality and products towards an ambitious business plan. Due to the continued growth in the team over the past few years, there is now a requirement for a development leader to join their close-knit team and bring a combination of hands on experience and managerial excellence to drive the business forward.
Managing a team of 5 Developers, it is the responsibility of the Software Development Manager to ensure quality and efficiency across new product development which ensuring that delivery deadlines are maintained. Although there will remain a hands-on element to the role, this position is bias towards team management and delivering software releases in line with your team requirements and development. From a technical stance, this business operates using predominantly React across the Front-End stack with the Microsoft Stack (C# .Net) across the Back-End. To be specific, .Net Framework and .Net Core are heavily implemented across the system.
The business is currently operating on a fully remote basis but do plan to return to a more office based routine in the future. Head office based in Manchester City Centre. For the successful candidate, the Software Development Manager role will offer a competitive salary (Up to £75,000), flexible working hours, chance to build your own team and culture whilst contributing towards the creation of a globally market changing product.
Key Responsibilities of the Software Development Manager:
- Manage a team of 5 Developers in their efforts towards creating high quality functionality on product areas.
- Reporting directly into the Head of Development, the Software Development Manager will be responsible for maximising performance whilst reducing technical debt.
- Focused on managerial and hands off development, you will occasionally have to support the coding requirements with a bias towards back end (C# .Net) projects.
- Take responsibility of department deliverables throughout the entire development lifecycle.
- Mentor, guide and progress Junior Developers through the use of code reviews, PDPs and more.
- Maintain an active part in team recruitment as you shape your team to fit the culture and motivations you desire.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Commercially experienced Software Development Manager or a Tech Lead / Lead Developer with managerial experience who is looking to move into a Dev Manager role.
- Able to implement a fully agile environment whilst leading the continuous improvements in the team.
- Experience of Test-Driven Development (TDD) or similar methodology based around ensuring development quality.
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to lead from the front on development issues.
- Able to inspire creative solutions to complex technical issues whilst also managing projects through from concept to release.
- Previous experience in line management of a development team.
- Agile Environment
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'