Social Media Executive
Circa £20,000 to £23,500 per annum
The IET is seeking a Social Media Executive to champion the IET’s social media presence and work closely with marketing colleagues to deliver integrated marketing campaigns. Your role will ensure that the IET’s marketing social media presence is effective, engaging and up-to-date.
The successful candidate will have experience of engaging and growing social media campaigns and forming relationships with key online influencers. The ideal candidate will be naturally creative, a great writer and be able to think on their feet! You will be passionate about all things social media and an active social media user yourself.
The Social Media Executive will have the confidence and knowledge to train, support and guide others in how to make the most of social media for The IET. Ideally you will also have experience of engaging and growing social media communities and optimising social media campaigns.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team that manages a variety of digital marketing projects and relationships; actively participating in the creative success of the IET digital presence by pitching ideas and demonstrating problem-solving abilities. This role reports into the Digital Marketing Manager.
Please send in your application as soon as you are ready - we are actively recruiting and may draw the role to close when suitable applications are received. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- Manage social media messaging through scheduling of automated content as well as posting relevant ad-hoc content when required.
- Working with the marketing delivery team to coach and mentor on best practice on the use of social media through integrated marketing campaigns.
- Researching new online media opportunities that may benefit the business.
- Support web activities by providing logistical support to key campaigns.
- Support relevant events via digital promotion.
- Create appropriate digital marketing elements e.g. social content (including images, blog posts polls etcetera).
- Monitor and report on digital KPIs including click-throughs, followers and shares.
- Conduct key word research and work with Digital Services and Web Specialist team on web statistics reporting.
- Ensure that the organisation’s overall corporate identity and brand is adhered to in any social campaign.
- Ensure that all communications are of a consistently high quality in copy, tone and design.
- Extensive experience in creation and management of social media channels
- Exceptional writing skills
- Thorough understanding of customer segmentation and target marketing principles and practices as they apply to the social media
- Thorough knowledge of driving direct marketing campaigns using appropriate social media capabilities and reach
- Strong ability to think commercially and innovatively
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, both verbally and in writing, including customers
- Ability to build successful relationships and manage stakeholders, internally and externally and at all levels of the organisation
- Highly IT literate
- Demonstrate the IET values of integrity, excellence and teamwork
- Experience of working in a not for profit as well as commercial organisations
- Experience of Hootsuite social media tools
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Social Media
- Writing Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job