We are looking for a Social Media Marketing Executive to join our growing Social Media team and help us continue to provide Baker Ross with a creative, fun and informative voice to the crafting community.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be creative by developing engaging arts & crafts content that leapfrogs the competition, whilst ensuring the Baker Ross image and tone of voice is maintained. The primary goal of this role is to increase our social community and turn our customers into fans, and our fans into brand ambassadors by spreading the love of Baker Ross crafting globally.
To identify key arts & craft customer audiences, creating an interest and raising awareness of Baker Ross (via social, PR, partners, craft bloggers)
Produce engaging craft content for UK and International audiences
To take the promotional calendar (topical national days / weeks / occasions) and ensure Baker Ross communicates them effectively and consistently across all social media channels.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Increase community size (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube).
- Increase community engagement (comments, retweets / fans & followers).
Assist delivery social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
o Developing relevant regular engaging craft content - written, video and photo, to engage with fans / followers.
o Ensure all social content is up-to-date (banners, promotional messages etc.)
o Monitor, listen and respond to users in a "Social" way.
o Liaise with customer service to answer customer questions.
o Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
o Review and deliver new content ideas and keep up to date with the latest social and crafting trends
o Update social community images as per promotional calendar
B) Awareness Building:-
- Increases awareness by contacting respected arts & craft individuals, bloggers, influencers and publishers (PR)
- Help to keep up-to-date the blogger & press release mailing database.
- On a monthly basis send bloggers relevant products.
Suggesting specific products for their magazines / website.
- Providing product samples for reviews.
- Announcing new product ranges & Baker Ross events.
- Liaising with editors / bloggers and answer questions to build strong links.
- For all the above, the Social Media Marketing Executive is responsible for delivering on a worldwide, group level. In addition to the UK, this role also looks after the social media activity across multiple International markets
- A passion for crafting
- Content creation experience (written, photography and video).
- A passion for social media and building excellent relationships with customers & influential bloggers.
- Displays good knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Experience of the following tools and software would be advantageous:
- Hootsuite or similar social posting management software
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Suite or Photoshop
The successful candidate may be asked to help with any other online marketing activities as and when required.
Ultimately, if you’re a great communicator with a love of social media communities and have an interest in arts and crafts, this could be the ideal job for you.
Baker Ross Limited (www.bakerross.co.uk) is a market leader in designing and selling a range of children’s arts & crafts product and party bag fillers online. We sell our own branded merchandise on our own websites and on marketplaces globally. The role is based in Harlow, Essex, which is on the Stansted Express Line and has regular fast train services.